Tim and Tim (one with blond hair, one with brown) are best friends. Until Tom comes along. Blond Tim plays knights with Tom while brown-haired Tim sulks. Brown-haired Tim crazy-dances with Tom while blond Tim sulks. When Tom teaches both Tims to swim, the underlying message is clear: new friends take some getting used to but they bring fun new ideas. The final illustration (in pen and ink with soft, digitally-produced water color) leaves the reader with a question: will two Tims and a Tom welcome the red-headed boy who’s just appeared? The tone here (even through the sulking!) is sunny and the rhythmic text (eight words max per page with “Tim”, “Tom”, “two”, and “too” making multiple appearances) will be easily memorized by the pre-reading audience, giving them wonderful practice at “reading” by themselves. All the best picture-book elements are here and the result is wonderful!
Connie Nordhielm Wooldridge, Author
Biography | View
- Just Fine They Way They Are (Calkins Creek, March 1, 2011)
- The Brave Escape of Edith Wharton (Clarion Books, 2010)
- Thank You Very Much, Captain Ericsson! (Holiday House, 2005; Berndtsdotter Books, 2012)
- When Esther Morris Headed West (Holiday House, 2001)
- The Legend of Strap Buckner (Holiday House, 2001)
- Wicked Jack (Holiday House, 1995)
Speaker / Presenter
Connie is an experienced speaker and presenter who enjoys sharing her passion for writing and her experience as a writer with readers and writers of all ages. She has presented to students, community, civic and professional organizations, writing groups, library audiences, and seniors – wherever book lovers gather!
>> More Information About Connie Speaking and Presenting